How Big is Your Environmental Footprint? Learn the Benefits of Toner Cartridge Recycling in Ann Arbor!
Are you trying to reduce your environmental footprint?
Is it possible for your company to go green AND save money?
Are you looking for FREE e-waste disposal?
Reduce Your Environmental Footprint
If you’re like most businesses, you generate e-waste on a regular basis. Perhaps you’ve been storing your e-waste until you find a suitable, inexpensive source for disposal. One day you’ll find that you need space and your recyclable materials end up in a landfill. “Next time,” you say, “we’ll recycle.”
Now’s the Time!
Wouldn’t it be great to have someone pick up your e-waste for FREE? You could reduce your environmental footprint and save money! Recycling your toner cartridges, obsolete computers, monitors, printers, and other office equipment makes a positive impact the environment. If you’re overwhelmed, choose one item to recycle. For example, your toner cartridges. Check out these facts about ink and toner cartridge recycling:
- Each year over 375 million empty cartridges end up in landfills or incinerators.
- Up to 97% of materials making up printer cartridges can be recycled or reused, making them eco-friendly!
- In remanufactured/compatible toner cartridges the oil consumption is reduced from 3/4 liters of oil per cartridge to almost ZERO!
- An estimated 11 MILLION gallons of oil can be saved in 7 months of ink cartridge recycling!
The Benefits of Recycling E-Waste
According to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, “e-waste is the most rapidly growing segment of the municipal solid waste stream.” (1) Recycling your e-waste benefits the environment in several ways:
- Conserve natural resources. Electronics contain many materials that can be reused, refurbished, and recycled, such as those found in toner cartridges. The manufacturing process consumes energy to produce new products, which, depending on the process, may contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and water pollution. Refurbished toner cartridges may use significantly less raw materials than brand new cartridges. An example would be MSE remanufactured toner cartridges which use “79% less materials” than their “OEM equivalent.” (2)
- Proper disposal of toxic chemicals. E-waste may contain high concentrations of chemicals and metals, including mercury, lead, and cadmium. Proper recycling and disposal keeps these toxins out of our soil and water and protects the food we eat and the water we drink.
- Protect and support your community. Reduce the amount of e-waste that’s incinerated and placed in landfills. Both of these processes may have a negative impact on our air, land, and water quality. We have limited space for landfills – which are filling up with materials that can be refurbished and reused. Refurbished materials support your community by providing local jobs to recycle and repurpose electronics; they can then be sold at a reduced price (benefiting both the local company and its customers) or donated to local non-profits. Recycling can be a win/win for your community!
Recycling e-waste is one of the simplest ways to reduce your environmental footprint. Are you ready to take that step? The time is now!
MCS collects empty toner cartridges, obsolete computers, monitors, printers, and other office equipment from our current customers FREE of charge! Not our customer? We’re happy to pick up your e-waste for $100.
Send us an email or call us today to find out how to become a customer!
(1) Why You should Recycle E-Waste. Kansas department of public health and environment. http://www.ksewaste.org/ewaste_why.htm. Accessed May 23, 2018
(2) Help Save the Planet with Every Page you Print. MSE of Clover Imaging Group, LLC. http://www.mse.com/environmental-stewardship. Accessed May 23, 2018.